The idea for this Thanksgiving post started in early November. My good friend, Michelle, was working on thankfulness with her 5 kiddos, and she created a ‘Thankful Tree’. Every day, she and her kids would write things they were thankful for on paper leaves and they would hang them on the tree. That got me thinking. I don’t often itemize things that I am thankful for. In fact, I’m not sure I’ve ever done that. I think it might be a habit I need to get into. So this year, I wanted to share my ‘list’ with you!
1) Most obviously, I am deeply thankful for my God, salvation, my family and friend.
3) Laughter and smiles
5) Peaceful, snowy nights
6) New friendships made all over the United States
7) Fuzzy blankets
9) Jeans and Hoodies 🙂
10) Camelbak water bottles
11) The laughter of my little nephew
12) The sacrifice of all those who protect us and our country. The military, EMS, Police, Firefighters.
14) A wonderful church family in Michigan
15) The ability to spend Thanksgiving AND Christmas with my sister, brother-in-law, and nephew(s)! I think it have been 5 or 6 years since I’ve been able to be with my sister for Christmas!
16) Baby giggles and coo’s
17) Did I mention coffee?
18) A new car that won’t (hopefully!) break down on the side of the road 🙂
19) Time to craft…doesn’t happen too often, but I love when I get those opportunities!
20) Mission Conferences
21) Nail polish and perfume
25) The ability to work with some awesome high school students from my church
26) SLEEP!…and naps 🙂
27) Raspberries and peaches
28) Cooking and baking with my sister
29) New family members
30) Space heaters
32) Watching my nephew(s) grow and learn
35) Rainy days and wood-burning fireplaces
36) Air conditioning
37) My 5 senses
38) Sunsets, the moon, and stars
39) Cell phones
There’s so much more, but I have a little boy who is waiting to play with his auntie! And I want to savor every moment I have with Him today. What about you? What are you most thankful for this year? Let’s be people marked by our thankfulness for all God has graciously given us!